For many years I have been documenting the wildlife and landscapes local to my home in rural north Dorset, using photography and cyanotype. This website showcases that journey and my connection to nature in the place I have put down roots and call home.
I’m proud to be a member of Nature First which is built on seven core principles to ensure photographers minimise their impacts on the natural environment and work in a sustainable manner to help protect and preserve the natural world.
The Nature First Principles
- Prioritise the well-being of nature over photography.
- Educate yourself about the places you photograph.
- Reflect on the possible impact of your actions.
- Use discretion if sharing locations.
- Know and follow rules and regulations.
- Always follow the Leave No Trace principles and strive to leave places better than you found them.
- Actively promote and educate others about these principles.